Analysis and Probability Standard for Grades
questions that can be addressed with data and
collect, organize, and display relevant data
to answer them
• pose questions and gather data about themselves and their surroundings;
• sort and classify objects according to their attributes and organize
data about the objects;
• represent data using concrete objects, pictures, and graphs.
and use appropriate statistical methods to analyze
• describe parts of the data and the set of data as a whole to determine
what the data show.
the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet Pet
1. Pose the Question: How many many pets do you own?
2. Gather the information.
3. Type the amounts next to the animal names in the blue
4. Watch the bar graph grow.
5. Write a story about the number of pets your friends
Use these spreadsheets to further your understnding.
these interactive Websites to practice graphing
a pictogram. What is your favorite
Math is Fun
a bar graph of Favorite Pizza Toppings survey.
the the teachers about the color of
car they own. Create a bar graph.